Parents would dread to answer children's questions like "What is AIDS?", "What is condom?", "What is sex?" etc....
But what I saw yesterday on our road is true education put in action. A 'not so well' known school, SVN High School in Qutubullapur, Hyderabad, have displayed courage, social awareness and responsibility at its best. As I was returning from Shopping with my Aunt, we saw most of the students from 8th to 10th class of this school fully dressed in their uniform with posters and banners. They were shouting simple Hindi & Telugu messages about AIDS. What followed next blew me away. I almost fell off my bike. Four boys with helmets were carrying a palanquin with a skeleton seated on a chair with a cowboy hat. There was also music with it. The school band were playing drums alongside the palanquin.
It takes great social responsibility to organise such a parade. I was totally impressed. If I wasn't that sleepy, I would have taken a picture or two of this parade. I told everyone I knew about this incident. If children participate in such an event, surely they will know all about AIDS. Even if they were not told what it exactly is or why they wore helmets, they have enough sense and resources to do research and learn by themselves.
Whatever be the situation, this has definitely put the message across to our colony about AIDS. Because it is not a disease. Many think, it is a disease. I hope more such schools come forward with courage and take the responsibility of social awareness literally into their own hands !!!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment